Paralegal - Mobile Telecoms Property - Permanent Opportunity - Berkshire
Reporting to the Head of Legal, this person will primarily provide legal support to the Property Disputes Counsel on property disputes and other litigation matters and to the Property Counsel in relation to transctional property matters relating to the delivery of sites in London and the lease renewal programme under the new Code.
At a secondary level, the role will also provide widespread support to other lawyers in the team on other Legal and Compliance matters including assisting the Head of Legal with matters relating to the Board meetings and other minor projects. It will also perform certain administrative tasks including the management of the Legal team page on the Core and the coordination of all purchase orders for the Legal and Compliance team.
To work with - and support - the Head of Legal and the Legal and Compliance team to deliver its functional objectives that support the company scorecard. To contribute to, and regularly review, each element of the Legal and Compliance team functional objectives to ensure that these remain on target and relevant to the company scorecard objectives.
- To provide practical support to the Property Disputes Counsel on legal issues affecting the portfolio including:
- Being the first point of contact for legal disputes from specific parts of the business;
- delivery of low level dispute resolution advice under supervision from the Property Disputes Counsel;
- Investigating and collating factual information in relation to disputes and organising responses;
- Drafting disputes related letters, emails and attending disputes related conference calls and meetings;
- Liaise with external legal advisers to ensure timely delivery of instructions and advise
- Day to day management of disputes related projects.
Governance and Process
To assist the Head of Legal with matters relating to the Board as well as to help ensure all legal and governance processes are kept under review including the renewal of all relevant powers of attorney. To maintain and oversee the Legal team page on the Core including collating and managing all legal precedents and know how materials. as well as providing widespread support to the team when it comes to the raising and management of purchase orders and/or other more administrative matters.
To help build strong relationships with key internal teams to identify areas for support, raise awareness and manage ongoing risks. To work with the various lawyers in the Legal team to develop strong working relationships with the Legal and Compliance shareholder teams. To help deliver training to teams in the business.
Data Analysis and Reporting
To provide data analysis and other project support to the Legal and Compliance team where necessary.
Experience (technical, managerial, industry)
Previous paralegal experience in the property sector.
Property litigation experience and Telecoms experience
Education level / Qualifications (professional, vocational)
University honours degree either in law or non-law degree (second class or higher) with post graduate conversion course.
Skills / Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work well as part of a busy, high performing team.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A collaborative team player with good organisational skills and a proactive approach.
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply.
- Able to embrace change with positive approach to continuous improvement.
- Likes a challenge and a varied workload in a busy and interesting work environment.
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Office skills.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.