Oracle DBA/Oracle Apps DBA/Oracle Applications (Oracle eBusiness Suite R12) is urgently required by our Global Defence and IT Services Company for an initial 6 month contract, to be based in Solihull, West Midlands. The successful applicant will have extensive and recent experience working on large, complex scale projects as an Oracle Apps DBA up to Oracle R12.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Extensive and recent Oracle Apps DBA (R12 / 11i)
- Experience working on large, complex scale projects as an Oracle Apps DBA up to R12
- Unix Shell scripting
- Oracle Applications DBA upgrade experience gained in a project based environment
- Proficient O/S skills (Linux, UNIX, Windows, Oracle VM)
- Knowledge/experience of Oracle WebLogic Server and/or Oracle Application Server
- Installing/configuring Discoverer (10g or 11g)
- Strong experience of database performance tuning and diagnosis
- Architecting new environments for R12 Upgrades/Implementations
- Hands-on technology expertise across Oracle core technologies including knowledge of RAC, ASM, DataGuard
* The successful candidate must be willing to undergo SC Clearance prior to commencement of the contract.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.