Oracle DBA - Oracle 12c - Shell - PLSQL - SC - Newcastle
Are you a skilled Oracle DBA with strong experience of Oracle 12c and are currently SC cleared? If so, please apply for a new contract opportunity migrating a large scale Sybase ASE database to a virtualised Oracle solution.
The position will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Oracle 12c high availability configuration with Oracle DataGuard/ Oracle Goldengate. Design, build, tune, support and patch RACONE cluster and (Pluggable and Container) databases.
- Deploy highly available database solutions using multi-node Oracle clustering technologies, enabling Oracle Real Application Clusters (RACONE) with disaster recovery solutions utilising Oracle's reliable and performant data Guard technology to provide a real time failover solution.
- Implement and support Oracle Enterprise manager and bespoke scripts.
- Performance tuning of the Oracle database to ensure that database platform is performant and able to meet all agreed SLAs, utilising a combination of Automatic Workload Repository Reports, Automatic Diagnostic Management Reports , Active Session History.
- Implement Oracle Recovery Manager backup solutions (backup, recovery) using bespoke scripts to ensure backup and recovery options are efficient, integrating with available NetBackup solution.
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party to manage test cycles.To be successful you will have the following:
To be successful you will have the following:
- Current SC Clearance
- Experience of Oracle 12c high availability configuration (Oracle Grid-Infrastructure) with Oracle DataGuard and Oracle Goldengate.
- Experience in design, build, tune, support and patch RACONE cluster and (Pluggable and Container) databases.
- Experience of Implementing and support Oracle Enterprise manager and bespoke scripts. Shell , PLSQL as primary skills with Python and Perl script as secondary.
To apply please contact Patrick at Project People on (0117) 9087000 or attach your CV in response to this ad- alternatively please e-mail me direct on Patrick.Mcnamara@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.