MBNL work with an extensive supply chain and 3rd party service providers, to deliver best value to our shareholders, Three Mobile and EE/BT, and oversee services to their mobile network infrastructure across a national portfolio of over 25,000 sites. We're looking for a Senior H&S Manager to lead our operational Health and Safety team, along with our external partners and service providers to deliver best in class H&S practices and achieve our aspiration to be a zero-harm
What you can expect to be doing:
- Lead the H&S team within the HSEQ function of MBNL. Define roles and responsibilities and capacity requirements for the team. Set the team strategy, assign objectives, prioritise and allocate workload. Monitor and manage performance. Motivate, lead and develop the team.
- Set expectations and lead by example on the H&S Zero Harm journey. Lead improvements to functional and business H&S maturity by proposing and implementing changes.
- Ensure compliance with our HSE Standards and absolute compliance with the 'Life Saving Rules'.
- Ensure all relevant projects and programmes (new or existing) follow Health and Safety Management policy, strategies, systems, processes and controls put in place by MBNL.
- Ensure MBNL H&S Policy is, at all times, up to date legally and conformant to good practice.
- Support local management and others in identifying hazards or significant changes, assessing the risks and identifying the associated risk reduction or mitigation actions. Design and deliver the required H&S assurance and monitoring regime for the business.
- Set clear behavioural standards and expectations for health and safety across own employees and wider supply chain. Document this using the HS management system.
- Lead by example - set a culture of learning, continuously improvement & coaching. Ensure that health and safety is led by all leaders in our organisation and in our delivery partners organisations. Create a one team approach with these partner organisations.
- Identify, report and validate the required data via the HS&E MIS. Present HS&E performance using the standard reports to multiple audiences. Undertake further detailed analysis of data to support the development of performance improvement initiatives and to monitor progress against objectives and targets. Strive towards Zero Harm as per the MBNL Board Vision.
- Ensure health and safety is integral to, and proactively managed throughout, all phases of the project and operations lifecycle i.e. inception, detailed design, testing, large scale deployment, operation, maintenance, decommission and removal.
- Manage assigned areas of the wider MBNL H&S Strategy, as directed by the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, in order for MBNL to fulfil its 5 Year H&S Vision and Goals
- Regularly collaborate and coordinate with MBNL's Commercial team to ensure proactive management of MBNL's preferred H&S Supplier(s) to time, cost, quality and performance.
- Incident Management & Investigation - Respond to incidents and maintain communications on the situation as needed. Responsible for ensuring the in-depth investigation, analyse incident data to identify and understand trends and to propose improvements actions which can be implemented across the sites. Monitor and communicate action closure status arising from incidents at site level. Where required, working with industry regulators, specialists and suppliers to implement improvement plans to address root causes and prevent re-occurrence.
- Emergency Response & Planning - Based on effective risk management, identify the site emergency scenarios. Drive to develop effective emergency responses and integrate with business continuity planning.
- Assurance - Manage and evolve a risk-based assurance programme, consistent with the Business programme, including compliance with legal and other requirements. Monitor progress and support senior leaders to deliver their lower tier assurance plans.
- Risk Management - Maintain good HSE risk management, including up to date local risk profiles, to keep management informed and drive prioritised improvement actions.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of all H&S policy and process on RAN sites, to ensure these have been designed, built, operated and maintained in compliance to all relevant legal and business health and safety standards.
- Responsible for implementing assigned initiatives, systems, processes and capabilities required to manage health and safety on behalf of MBNL, including: relevant H&S forums, communications and governance control points.
- Initiate corrective actions, recovery plans or interventions (for MBNL or its supply chain), that are required to ensure compliance with UK regulatory and statutory standards, and achieve agreed business outcomes and performance targets that represent industry leading practice.
- Provide planned and adhoc management reports to internal and external stakeholders, as required by the Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality.
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning in the field of health and safety.
What we're looking for:
- Relevant health and safety qualification / training e.g. NEBOSH, IOSH or NCRQ
- Experience leading teams, as well as driving delivery and safety improvements through 3rd party suppliers and MSP partners.
- Good understanding of site health and safety risks, their management controls and relevant legal standards
- A proven track record of bringing the best practice in to an organisation and using this to drive improvements
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and deliver to time, quality and cost
- OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001 certification experience (nice to have)
- Internal Auditor training (nice to have)
MBNL - building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other's uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Operations Centre Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
24 hour Operations Centre Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
IT Project Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
IT Programme Manager
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Salary: Competitive daily rate
PYTHON QA AUTOMATION TESTER - REMOTE - CONTRACT
Location: London, England