Onsite Technical Support Engineer (3G, 4G) - Contract Opportunity
Onsite Technical Support Engineer is required for ongoing contract work in Zaventem, Belgium. English language is preferred, French or Dutch is an asset. Applicants must hold right to work for Belgium, sponsorship cannot be provided.
As Onsite Technical Support Engineer your role will be the first line in preventative and corrective field maintenance of the mobile network. You will be required to work on stand-by in an 24/7 environment.
- Restoring services according to the SLAs on the mobile network (RAN, TX, Tellabs, Power, Aircon)
- Performing preventative maintenance on mobile network
- New site integration, commissioning and acceptance
- Support in the upgrade and optimisation of the network
- Perform walk tests and analyse the results
- Rigging (climbing) pylons and buildings
- 2G, 3G, 4G, network knowledge on ZTE and E//
- Knowledge about the different systems of a RAN site (indoor, outdoor, telecom systems, power, aircon, alarm detection, antenna system etc)
- Understanding of RF technologies
- Understanding of a Transmission network and knowledge of E1 up to Dark Fiber (NSN-E// Traffic node, Tellabs-MUX)
- Electronic certification (BA4 or BA5) - to be able to work with power (low and high voltage incl DC)
- Basic knowledge of generators (connect and disconnect to EMS)
- Basic knowledge of aircon and free cooling systems on BTS sites (indoor and outdoor)
- Skills to perform small corrective works on-site
- Experience in climbing - must be certified for climbing at heights (Belgium GOF Level 4)
- Full driving licence
- Must have own climbing kit and working tools.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your CV on line or contact Salome Maybanks +44 1189 285 550
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.