**SC Cleared. NOC Support Engineer. Solihull. Night shift 10pm- 6am Monday- Thursday. 6 Month rolling contract.
IT managed service provider is seeking a NOC support engineer to work night shifts on a contract basis in Solihull supporting existing deployed networks and the support of N&T products. The engineer will work with the current support personnel to understand the products and their use within the deployed networks and to develop their diagnostic skills / capability.
- Investigation of network issues and customer interface problems
- Liaison with Field Engineer Visits to customer facilities and 'live' sites as part of problem based investigation
- Generation of Support documentation (web and paper based)
- Support workarounds, solutions and mitigations for identified issues
- Support the NOC Helpdesk on identified issues requiring more detailed and in-depth analysis
- The reception of escalated customer fault reports and technical enquiries. Analysis, investigation and production of support solutions relating to the deployed equipment or service
- Maintain full and accurate records and progress all customer fault reports and technical enquiries
- To perform remote diagnostic tests where applicable to aid primary fault rectification
- To work with and alongside development engineers
- To provide technical and procedural assistance to N&T and Field Engineers
- To ensure all work performed complies with the Company's, procedural and accredited standards.
- Record returned items from Field Engineers and liaise with Fujitsu repair
- Provide 'configured' equipment to Field Engineers
- Work in the 4 on / 4 off 12 hour shift.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a 1st or 2nd line support role, UNIX experience, familiar with Solaris Operating system, Knowledge of IP, DSL, Knowledge of CISCO, Juniper & Brocade, worked in s support role in a Telecoms/Datsacoms environment.
** due to the nature of the role current SC Clearance is essential.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.