Network Support Engineer - SC Cleared
To provide 2nd/3rd Line support to the Data Centre networks, comprising Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Load Balancers from a Data Centre and provider edge perspective.
The prime responsibilities of the Network Support Engineer are:
- Provide day to day and out of hours support to the Data Centre network environment and to assist where necessary with any implementation activities.
- Ensure documentation sets produced are fit for purpose and kept up to date.
- Adhere to configuration standards required by the customer
- Provide input into reports including licensing and PKI expirations, when required, to Operations and Lead Network Architect
- Liaise with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
- Willing to travel within the UK
- Excellent network configuration experience using Juniper and Cisco technologies
- Excellent knowledge and CLI experience of Junos and Cisco IOS
- Experience of configuring LAN switches from Juniper and Cisco portfolio
- Firewalls specifically Juniper SRX range, and Cisco ASA Next Generation
- Routing protocols including BGP,OSPF & Static both native and over GRE or High Grade Encryption
- Implications of MTU sizing over encrypted networks
- VRF and VLAN configuration
- Link Aggregation Protocols
- SVI/RVI configuration
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration
- AAA configuration
- Access lists configuration
- IP Addressing schema management
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
- Juniper accreditation level JNCIS-ENT preferable; Juniper JNCIA-Junos minimum
- Cisco accreditation CCNA preferable
- Cisco FirePower and FireSight
- Implementation and configuration of network within virtualized infrastructure
- VMware ESXi
- Netscaler (Load balancers), Juniper IDS and IPS
- Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.