Network Support Engineer - DV Cleared
Description of Project
Our global Defence client provide highly skilled Security Cleared Engineers, Architects and Developers into the many projects that it runs for its Government, International and Defence Contractor customer base.
Outline of Role
The Engineer as part of a larger Networks Management team will provide specialist support for Network equipment and cabling (copper & fibre) infrastructure, including all IP network devices i.e. routers (including all onsite All Encrypted Network (AEN) routers), switches, cryptographic devices, Firewalls, VoIP and VTC services.
The Engineer will support LAN/WAN infrastructure through incident, change, problem and configuration management. The role will encompass support for Trails, projects and exercises, routine and emergency maintenance and Capacity and demand management. The Engineer will be required to diagnose the cause of problems of incidents escalated to them from other teams and investigate where possible suitable solutions so that these issues and make recommendations to design change (HLD/LLD and associated Junctions of Maintenance (JoM), ensuring that all network changes have been captured or are being updated in the design documentation. The Engineer will be expected to participate and contribute to Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) initiatives including creating documentation to enable knowledge transfer and manage and execute tasks in accordance with LORA.
The engineer will be required to carry out the Build of physical environment (Racking / Stacking / Cabling etc.)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CCNA/P Router and Switch
- CCNA Security
- Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
- Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
- Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Juniper family,
- Experience of network implementation work.
- Working knowledge of ISDN, VPN, Broadband solutions.
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience of multi-level voice and video conferencing services
- Experience with VoIP end-to-end communications
- Can provide guidance on High Level Designs
- Understanding of Intrusion Detection Systems
- Understanding of Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Experience of Access Control Lists
- DV Clearance
- Background in secure digital and data communications systems
- Previous experience of network design.
- ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of network security.
- Sofos Firewalls.
- Time management
- Communication skill
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.