JOB TITLE: Network Support Engineer
Are you a Network Support Engineer who combines strong technical skills with an ability to review design artefacts then automate, where possible, the configuration of Network Appliances and Tools and produce the associated build instructions?
Are you a team player who is willing to learn emerging technologies to produce credible solutions that will delight our customers? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people to work with our solution architects and vendors to deliver high assurance services and solutions for our customers in the UK and overseas.
Set the Scene
We are looking for a Network Management Engineer to join our existing dynamic Network Management Systems team. They will work closely with the Network Architects and Project Managers to support, configure test and document deliverables and offerings on a wide variety of network solutions, including appliances and tooling, which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability.
- Provide day-to-day support to the Network/Solution Architects and Project Managers to deliver the required network monitoring configurations.
- Support the Network/Solution Architects by monitoring, supporting, configuring, implementing, testing and documenting network management solutions in line with the Network HLD and or LLD designs.
- Ensure build documentation produced is fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Provide input into reports, when required, to customers, Network Architects and Project Managers.
- Provide 4th line support to projects and work directly with vendors through to successful fault resolution.
- Demonstrable network configuration experience utilising technologies (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers etc.) from a variety of industry leading technology vendors.
- Experience in configuring, and administration of, network monitoring, performance and configuration tools from a variety of industry leading technology vendors (VMWare SMARTS & NCM, Cisco ACS, SevOne).
- Experience in requirements management and associated tooling.
- Solid understanding of a variety of network and routing protocols.
- Demonstrable troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
- Experience of installation and configuration of network management systems on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd line Engineer (VMware & Windows) - Perm - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Logistics Controller (Mobile telecoms)
Location: Berkshire, England
RAN Design Technical Authority
RAN Performance Technical Authority
Security Solution Architect
Location: Reading, Berkshire