Network Support Engineer - DV Cleared
Based in Northwood
Salary: Negotiable +Excellent benefits
My client has an urgent vacancy for a Network Support Engineer working as part of the WAN/LAN Support team. Based in Northwood, the team support a bespoke communications system. This role will require the incumbent to work shift work to satisfy a particular operational need. Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing a high level of support and advice.
- Takes ownership of incidents and progresses them through to resolution.
- Investigate service improvements and make recommendations based on these investigations.
- Able to work in a team or on their own with no or very little supervision.
- Produce and present service reports using tools available.
- Perform known, existing implementation solutions, return to baseline configuration of routers and switches if and when required.
- Escalates to Management where required.
- Well established, self sufficient team member.
- Participate in a call out rota/over time where required.
- Ideally hold certifications in Networking technologies CISCO or Juniper.
- Working understanding of Serial Networking Technologies. Training for Bespoke Technologies will be given 'in house'.
- Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
- Good knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, voice, switching and subnet addressing.
- Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Juniper family, Experience of network implementation work.
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Due to the nature of the work, you will need to hold DV clearance prior to starting the role.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Network Security Architect
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Senior Windows Server Support Engineer
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Salary: Salary plus benefits
2nd Line Deskside/Desktop Support (Retail/MS Office/Windows)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
First Line Support (Customer Service) - Fujitsu
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £10.19 per hour
2nd Line Support Engineer - Windows 10 - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland