Working with one of the UK's leading Cloud and IT Professional Services companies, the Security Architect is the go-to expert for critical internal and customer security projects. It's a great opportunity for somebody who wants to stay in a customer-facing role, leading the technical solutions for key customers, as well as having crucial input into the development of the business's internal security and network infrastructure.
The Technical Security Architect role is a key part of our process for designing compelling solutions to our customers' business and technical problems. It's a pivotal role, engaging with our larger customers and on sizeable projects, helping with technology strategy, mapping technology solutions to business requirements, high and low level design and acting as technical design authority. Clearly this role is security-focused but you'll need an understanding of the wider technology landscape (data centre and cloud).
What you'll be doing
- Helping to understand, scope and document customers' business and technical requirements
- Conducting solutions design meetings and workshops
- Producing designs, configurations and input into solutions proposals
- Underwriting and acting as technical design authority for complex network designs and proposals
- Working with other technical architects to develop cross-discipline solutions for customers
- Providing advice, guidance and peer review to our managed services and professional services teams
- Helping to produce design and implementation guidelines, documentation and reference material
- Maintaining your skills by using them in a professional services/ consultancy capacity where required
- In particular, mentoring the younger members of the tech team, especially the Presales security/ networking specialists
- Building relationships with the technical community within our relevant vendor partners
- Feeding into our wider technology strategy, particularly with regards to the development of services and new vendors we should be investigating
- Proactively suggesting improvements to our company's services and technology portfolio
What we are looking for:
- A proven background in presales, professional services and solutions design within security technologies
- Experience in designing secure networks for a variety of customer sizes and industries
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses
- A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen
- A good understanding of security frameworks and associated legislation; in particular GDPR, Cyber Essentials and PCI
- Check Point Certified Expert CCSE or Check Point Security Master (CCSM)
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
If this sounds like you, please apply here. Aside from a competitive remuneration package, you will be joining a technology market-leader and a company dedicated to continually developing their people.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.