Network Management Architect - EMC Smarts - NCM - SeveOne -FEDROS - Solihull
My client requires a skilled SC Cleared Architect with a specialisation in Network Management Tool sets to continue the development and completion of a major global connectivity project.
You will lead a team of engineers who have in depth knowledge of networks and management tool sets and the primary role will be to develop the network processes and procedures to then integrate the tool sets successfully. The candidate will also have a sound understanding of securing UK government networks.
The role will be an initial 6 months contract based in Solihull working for one of the world's largest technology and communications providers.
Amongst the objectives for the Network Management Architect will be the development and integration of network processes and procedures into the network management tool sets. The three areas of development are:
- Performance Management.
- Event Management.
- Network Automation.
On completion of the project the end user will be able to view live network topology maps and major event/ alarm information. The information will be displayed in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support centres. Plus enable individual end user to have user work profiles (engineering and service management).
This role is not about setting up the operation system and application software, software patching or network discovery.
These are the critical skills needed in order to be successful:
- SC Clearance as a minimum
- Development and production of process and procedures.
- Sound understanding of WAN routing and LAN switching.
- Minimum expected industry training CCNA or JNCIA
- Ability to use network management tool set. Preferred tool set knowledge covering EMC smarts, EMC NCM, SeveOne, Business process analytical engine (FEDROS).
- Ideally the candidate has worked in a service provider environment developing tool set systems.
If you would like to know more details with regards to this position please e-mail Patrick McNamara on Patrick.Mcnamara@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.