Network Engineer - Security Cleared
My client is looking to recruit a CCNP Network Engineer for an initial 6 month contract position. The successful candidate will need to be currently cleared to SC level and be happy to go through DV clearance.
Description of project:
The Contractor shall provide expert infrastructure Network Engineering support for network technologies LAN and WAN remotely to deployed sites Hubs and Points of Presence (PoPs) across all security domains within the NSoIT(D) System.
Job purpose & accountabilities:
The Contractor's responsibilities in respect of this Service shall be as follows:
a. Installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance (monitoring enterprise level links between ISOCs and external systems) and diagnostics of Network equipment and supporting cabling (copper & fibre) infrastructure and to coordinate rectification activities across multiple technical departments.
b. Provision of advice and recommendations with respect to network design change;
c. Responding and resolving or providing temporary fixes or workarounds (typically in support of exercise season) for Incidents escalated by Level 3 Network Engineering;
d. Conducting root cause analysis and resolution for all network related incidents and defects, in order to provide permanent solutions;
e. Updating Incidents records in Remedy with resolution details;
f. Proactive monitoring of infrastructure via NSoIT(D) support tooling (as provided by the Authority as GFA).
Must hold one or more certification(s) in CCNP; CCN(P or A) Voice; CCN(P or A) security.
* Minimum of five years commercial networking experience.
* Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
* Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Cisco family, Experience of network implementation work.
* Working knowledge of Cisco/Polycom video solutions; Cisco Microsoft Lync integration.
* Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Previous experience of network design.
* ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
* Understanding of network security.
Due to the nature of the work contractors will need to hold valid SC clearance.
Candidates will also need to go through DV Clearance
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.