Network Engineer - Security Cleared
My client is looking to recruit a Network Engineer for an initial 6 month contract position. The successful candidate will need to be currently cleared to SC level.
The Contractor shall provide expert infrastructure Network Engineering support for network technologies LAN and WAN remotely to deployed sites Hubs and Points of Presence (PoPs) across all security domains within the NSoIT(D) System.
Ideally hold one or more certification(s) in JNCP - ie JNCIE - SP, JNCIP - SP, JNCIS - SP, JNCIA-Junos
- Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
- Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
- Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Juniper family, Experience of network implementation work.
- Working knowledge of ISDN, VPN, Broadband solutions.
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Previous experience of network design.
- ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of network security.
Due to the nature of the work contractors will need to hold valid SC clearance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.