Job title: Network Engineer
Contract length: 6 months
Recognized as a knowledge leader, supporting less experienced staff, the role holder performs varied and complex technical and professional activities and investigations, along with taking an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
- Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyzes information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Monitoring of network activity; analysis of audit trails and alarms; and initiating corrective action where necessary.
Skills Required - Mandatory:
- Juniper experience
- Cisco experience
- SC Cleared & DII Access.
- Knowledge of the IT environment.
- Experience of 2rd to 3rd line SME for the Management, Monitoring and maintenance of the security appliances.
- Good communication skills.
Skills Required - Desirable:
* DV Cleared
* MOD experience
* DII experience
* Migration experience
* Secret and Overseas experience
* Customer and business orientation
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.