Network Design Engineer - SC - Juniper - Basingstoke - Permanent
A number of key permanent opportunities for Network Design Engineers have become available within our multi-award winning clients Defence Business Unit based in Basingstoke.
If you are an outstanding Network Engineer with valid SC clearance, good experience in design with solid exposure to both Juniper and Cisco technologies, this position will serve as an excellent platform for your career growth offering access to the latest technologies within a fluid and fast paced environment. The right candidate can expect to receive training, support and guidance from our clients highly experienced and motivated team and have the ability to progress their careers further up the technical ladder and ultimately into Solution Architecture.
To be considered you will ideally have the following skillset:
- SC Clearance - Valid
- Demonstrable network configuration experience using Juniper and/or Cisco technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge and CLI experience of Junos and/or Cisco IOS.
- Experience of configuring LAN switches.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- Access lists configuration.
- IP Addressing design.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types.
A range of skills have been identified that would complement the demands of the role which are desirable, yet not essential for a successful application.
- DV Clearance.
- Firewalls skills, ideally Juniper SRX range and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
- Cisco accreditation
- Juniper accreditation
- VRF and VLAN configuration.
- SVI/RVI configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP configuration.
- AAA configuration.
If this seems like a good fit for you and your experience please apply to the above position by sending your up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively calling me on - (0117) 9087000.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.