Description of Project:
Our client are looking for new Network Architects, at varying levels of technical ability and experience, to join our existing dynamic Networks Capability. They will work closely with the Solution Owners to produce design documentation on a wide variety of network solutions which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability. The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewarding. You will work with the latest technology developing ground breaking solutions to everyday problems.
Job Purpose & Accountability:
- Provide day to day support to the Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network designs within all Transition and Migration Work Packages.
- Support the Lead Architect/deputy CTO in defining designs in line with requirements.
- Take ownership of HLD/LLD components for specific key areas i.e. DNSIP, Wireless, NTP, Data Centre LAN, LAN Migration.
- Ensure the designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
- Provide input into reports ,when required, to the customer and Lead Network Architect
- Liaise with Network Architects to ensure that the designs produced by Network Architects are conformant with those produced as part of the WAN solution.
- Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
- Provide impact assessment on customer and internal Change Requests
Skills - Mandatory:
- SC Clearance.
- Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies from Juniper, Cisco and Brocade.
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP accreditation.
- Firewalls specifically Juniper SRX range, and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- SVI/RVI design and configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
- AAA design and configuration.
- Access lists configuration.
- VRF and VLAN design and configuration.
- IP Addressing design.
- Remote Access solutions i.e. Cisco AnyConnect, Pulse Secure.
- VPN design
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
Skills - Useful:
- DV Clearance.
- DNS and IPAM knowledge.
- Design of network within virtualized infrastructure.
- VMware NSX.
- Active Directory/DHCP services.
- Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan.
- DWDM services.
- Network Management toolsets.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.