Network Architect - SC - Juniper - Cisco - Basingstoke - Permanent
A number of key permanent opportunities for Network Architects have become available within our multi-award winning clients Defence Business Unit based in Basingstoke.
If you are an outstanding Network Architect with valid SC clearance, excellent experience in design with solid exposure to both Juniper and Cisco technologies, this position will serve as an excellent platform for your career growth offering access to the latest technologies within a fluid and fast paced environment. The right candidate can expect to receive training, support and guidance from our clients highly experienced and motivated team and have the ability to progress their careers further up the technical ladder and ultimately into Solution Architecture.
The Architect positions will be at varying levels of technical ability and experience, to join our clients existing dynamic Networks Capability. You will work closely with the Solution Owners to produce design documentation on a wide variety of network solutions which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to find better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability. The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewarding. You will work with the latest technology developing ground breaking solutions to everyday problems.
To be considered you will ideally have the following skillset:
- SC Clearance.
- Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies from Juniper, Cisco and Brocade.
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT accreditation.
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP accreditation.
- Firewalls specifically Juniper SRX range, and Cisco ASA Next Generation.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP, OSPF.
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- SVI/RVI design and configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
- AAA design and configuration.
- Access lists configuration.
- VRF and VLAN design and configuration.
- IP Addressing design.
- Remote Access solutions i.e. Cisco AnyConnect, Pulse Secure.
- VPN design
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
A range of skills have been identified that would complement the demands of the role which are desirable, yet not essential for a successful application.
- DV Clearance.
- DNS and IPAM knowledge.
- Design of network within virtualized infrastructure.
- VMware NSX.
- Active Directory/DHCP services.
- Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan.
- DWDM services.
- Network Management toolsets.
If this seems like a good fit for you and your experience please apply to the above position by sending your up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively calling me on - (0117) 9087000.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.