MVNO Test Engineer - Telecoms - Berkshire - Contract
Leading UK Mobile Network Operator with ambitious growth plans is looking for an MVNO Test Engineer to be part of a team that delivers solutions for their network to an operational environment.
- Operating cross-functionally, with multiple internal and external partners, you will be accountable for ensuring the delivery of an outstanding network experience required by our brand.
- Coming from an engineering or operational technical background, you`ll be able to draw on your track record of success and use your technical and/or operational experiences to help shape our success. Your approach will be customer focused and aligned to the commercial goals of the business. You`ll also drive our values in day to day technical and operational decision making.
- Your role encompasses the integration & validation of the "as is" and "future" network, ensuring only best in class solutions are presented to customers. As part of a team, you will work with functional stakeholders to ensure that the right responsibility levels are established - working to exercise influence without direct authority.
- The candidate requires good cross-functional working skills to develop and support close working relationship with the other network (voice core, data core, IT, IP backbone, Transport and Radio) domains within CTO and our partner organisations.
- Reporting to the Head of Test and integration you will be part of a team responsible for the integration and validation of MVNO solutions on our 3G and 4G network for Voice, Data and Value Added Services.
- Work closely with the design, project management and MVNO account teams you will be customer focused in the planning and delivery of solutions to our Wholesale customers.
- Develop and produce the project artefacts associated with service validation (test strategy, test plan and test report) for each MVNO requiring test.
- Collaborate with the domain test teams to deploy and control the configuration management in support of the MVNO test solutions ensuring zero impact to other MVNOs services.
- Provide escalated support for Operational issues for MVNOs and when required assist in the resolution of live service affecting issues.
- Responsible for the service validation of new or changes to existing MVNO solutions within the test network.
- As part of the test and integration Team be responsible for the production and management of test documentation for the MVNO solutions and elements under your stewardship.
- For the solutions under your stewardship be responsible for the delivery of innovative on time and cost effective test solutions that deliver confidence in the MVNO solution yet protect existing services.
- Support, with the project management functions, the production and management of robust and cost efficient delivery plans to ensure that capabilities are delivered to requirements and to time.
- Manage all defects and test issues associated with an MVNO test program ensuring they are recorded, escalated, rectified and tested.
- Be a key escalation point for operational issues and co-ordinate partners, customers and internal teams to formulate action plans to resolve technical test and operational issues to the MVNO service.
Knowledge and experience
- Good working knowledge of the services carried on 3G & 4G networks to include voice, data and Value added services (SMS, MMS).
- Up to date understanding of the LTE network for voice and data services.
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery lifecycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Good understanding of MVNO solutions that use the Operator network, MVNE or MVNA solution.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- A real team player attitude to enable successful collaboration with both technical and business teams.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution.
Nice to Have:
- Experience of providing technical solutions for MVNOs or working with an MVNO.
- Experience of deployment of a 3G and/or 4G network, which could include design, test and/or deployment.
- Experience of working with NSN/Samsung core network systems.
- Working knowledge of IP networks, preferably with experience with the prime IP vendor equipments.
- Vendor management skills and experience.
- Project lifecycle understanding.
- Time served experience in 2 of the following work areas: design, test and operations.
- Educated to degree level in a Telecommunications discipline.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.