Mobile Network Performance Manager - Permanent - Berkshire
The Network Performance Manager contributes to delivering the Operations outcomes of:
- Monitoring KPI's providing valuable insight, improving processes.
- Governance of Third Party Network Optimisation services.
- Predicting and prevent negative impacts on the network.
- Manage and influence unilateral suppliers.
- Providing insight on supplier performance and challenge.
- Engaging effectively with the shareholders.
- Anticipating shareholder requirements and needs.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous service improvement.
To deliver the outcomes, the Network Performance Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Manage Service Provider to deliver Reference Route active testing (Drive Testing) and analysis process to deliver sustainable improvement to customer experience on major rail routes, major roads and City areas.
- Manage Service Provider to deliver Parameter and Antenna Optimisation Process, ensuring return on investment and excellent standards of analysis and decision making.
- Drive process and functional improvements to the delivery from the day to day work performed by Regional Network Performance Management teams.
- Responsible for assuring supplier network performance activities.
- Strong technical understanding of the GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE system architecture.
- Considerable Operations/Engineering experience working for a Network Operator or Service Provider environment.
- Excellent analytical skills for extracting, processing and manipulating data. Excellent user of MS Excel, Access and SQL.
- Good understanding of Operational and Customer Experience issues related to Mobile Radio Networks.
- Strong understanding and competence in using Operational, Performance and Incident tools (Business Objects, Netcool, NetAct, Traffica, Performance Management Tools, Geo-Location Tools, Self Organising Network Tools).
- Excellent meeting management skills and organisation skills.
- Business analysis skills, ability to document requirements for IT Tools and formulate business cases for investment.
- Process improvement experience (Eg Six Sigma).
- Experience in working on a project team delivering and integrating, new Operational, Performance and incident tools.
- Technical Ability - Must have in depth knowledge and understanding in the new technology, services and platforms. Able to undertake complex analysis of telecom/IT technology based problems.
- Performance - Comprehensive grasp of Key Performance Indicators and measures used to assess service quality within the GSM, UMTS & LTE network systems and subsystems.
- Motivation - To have full confidence in own abilities coupled with a positive attitude and creative thinking. Engage and meet new challenges with the ability to overcome multiple obstacles in parallel.
- Communication - Be able to clearly communicate complex issues concisely. Influence external suppliers and internal resource to support and deliver the objectives.
- Planning and Organisation - A self-starter, must be able to prioritise workload and ensure delivery of aggressive targets and timescales. Continually reviewing plans to keep on track with rapidly changing goals.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.