Marketing Procurement Manager - MUST SPEAK FLUENT MANDARIN & ENGLISH - BOTH WRITTEN AND SPOKEN - Permanent opportunity - Berkshire
- Responsible for organizing and participating in the selection and management of suppliers in the UK&I area.
- In charge of a sizeable volume or key project purchasing programme.
- Able to build long-term and stable partnership relationships with key suppliers according to headquarters'/ region's procurement strategies, in order to maintain continuity of supply, to reduce the synthetical cost of procurement, and to obtain competitive advantage in procurement area.
- Analyze procurement demand and the market, to achieve objectives of procurement cost control and lower general cost of procurement according to headquarter / region's strategies.
- Identify risks from the ever evolving procurement environment, set up and implement a risk mitigation plan to maintain consistent supply levels.
- Organize communication with suppliers periodically according to the requirements of that category to build durable relationships with suppliers.
- Gather and analyze research material on markets and clients' information for the sourcing of potential suppliers to ensure validity of procurement strategies.
- Support messaging from senior Purchasing leaders, ensuring supplier expectations are clearly defined and that suppliers are committed to achieving goals and objectives in the areas of Compliance, Quality, Cost Competitiveness and Delivery.
- Drive and enhance supplier understanding of management processes and guidelines.
- Develop strategies that strengthen the quality of the organisation's relationship with the supply base by identifying opportunities to continuously improve the effectiveness of communications and supplier relationship building activities.
- Promote and encourage cross functional participation from all areas of Sales, Marketing and business unit functions in order to maximise total cost reduction & technical optimisation.
- Actively manage sourcing activities relating to business models, via management of RFQ RFP & RFI, key sourcing processes and quotation analysis / negotiation.
- Devise and agree benchmarks and maintain a strong awareness through the investigation of new supply markets and assessing suppliers' capability.
Skills and experience:
- Strong expertise in the local marketing business and associated supplier base;
- Fluent Mandarin - spoken and written
- Telecoms industry experience would be ideal
- Able to benchmark market pricing and negotiate revised terms with the supplier base accordingly;
- Excellent procurement tool kit (familiarity with running RFI / RFQ processes);
- Hard working spirit, can deliver to tight deadlines and workplace pressures;
- Results orientated;
- Proactive, can-do work attitude;
- Strong stakeholder management skills;
- Able to be a credible ambassador for the team, both nationally and on a pan-european level;
- A sound understanding of Oracle processes, contract management and appreciation of the marketing world in this fast-moving digital arena.
- Strong office system skills (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.