Mandarin Speaking HR Business Partner
- Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
- Based in London, the United Kingdom
To work in partnership with Senior Managers in order to embed a strategic approach to Human Resources through the development of people, policies and ways of working.
- Build strong business relationship with internal clients and the internal HR functions.
- Build smoothly communication channel between management team and employees.
- Build effective communication between UK branches and HQ in China in HR aspects.
- Manage complex and difficult people projects.
- Provide clear and expert advice on a range of HR issues including best practice, legislation, and the analysis and interpretation of data, and ensure designated business areas are aware of market conditions likely to impact on staff recruitment and business development prospects.
- Coach and influence discussions with designated business areas on organisational design to support business strategies, demonstrating vision and best practice, whilst ensuring compliance with policy and procedure.
- Partner senior managers and participate in the development of operational plans in designated business areas, challenging the status quo and devising and supporting people management solutions that meet present and future challenges.
- Develop strong credible professional relationships with senior managers fostering an environment where people take ownership for improving people and business performance to the benefit of our internal customers.
- Embrace changes proactively to support business success.
- Ensure there is a clear rationale (economic, organisational and /or technical) for the proposed changes and that the changes are aligned to the company and HR objectives.
- Support and influence the key stages of organisational change ensuring a consistent approach across all business areas, providing clear communication on the reasons for change to all stakeholders.
- Act as the performance improvement driver and create positive changes in people management, in the long, medium and short term
- Share responsibility within the HR Division for developing the HR strategy and HR policies and ensure that they represent leading-edge HR practice, improve organisational effectiveness, facilitate change and effect employee engagement.
- Proactively support and embed the delivery of Succession Planning and leadership development. Ensure robust plans are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Be regularly present in your client group's business areas.
- Take responsibility for raising the awareness of engagement and driving the implementation of employee engagement initiatives.
- Responsible for contributing to the generation of an environment of trust and fairness.
- Cover for other HR Business Partners in their absence, providing support where there are specific pressures and needs.
- Coach line managers on leadership behaviours and ensure that individual and group development plans exist to close any gaps
- Act as a coach to individual managers and teams to ensure leadership behaviour is aligned to our client's values; enabling leaders and senior managers to deal successfully with people management issues, develop their capability in effective performance management, employee engagement, talent development and retention.
- Responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of the service delivery of the People team through sharing feedback from our internal customers.
- Be good at summarizing and to solidify it, including policy and process.
- Responsible for working with internal client groups on the delivery and improvement of people key performance indicators, undertaking root cause analysis and providing workable solutions
- Work with the HR team to deliver a seamless service to the client groups and each other.
- Be the main support on complex ER cases e.g. conduct, grievance and performance
- Work with legal providers to prepare cases which may escalate to Employment Tribunalsss
- Previous experience working with HR with exposure to building relationships with Senior Leaders.
- Professional HRBP background and experience
- Able to demonstrate a balance between employee compassion and commercial decision making
- Team Worker
- Able to take direction and ideas whilst building on them to deliver more
- Caring about the business, its people and its customers
- High level of integrity
- Able to inspire change and people progress
- Driven to deliver quality
- Coaching skills
- Fast learning
- Good execution
- Knowledge of UK and European Employment Law and TUPE
- Fluent English and Mandarin (both spoken and written). Any other language skills a plus.
- Degree educated highly desirable.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.