Major Incident Manager (Telecoms) - Berkshire - Contract.
A leading mobile telecoms company is searching for a Major Incident Manager to join their team in Berkshire on a contract basis. This position will involve working shifts.
- Provide leadership and direction during Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Critical, and VIP incidents. Demonstrate absolute command and control, whilst maintaining an overall incident perspective and ensuring the Incident Management processes are followed.
- Deliver results and achieve SLA/KPI performance by focusing on effective cross functional team working.
- Co-ordinate/facilitate the communication process as well as the escalation process during the course of all Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Critical, and VIP incidents.
- Proactively monitor incident resolution, analyse and highlight trends and root causes to Problem Management and/or relevant support teams.
- Produce clearly written Post Incident reporting within agreed SLAs, and lead Post Incident Review sessions where appropriate.
- Compile and publish weekly/monthly operational incident reports.
- 24/7 SPOC (Single Point Of Contact) for Business and Customer escalations relating to high profile events.
- Escalation point for internal escalations from Operations Management, and wider Service Management community.
- Act as the OOHs (Out Of Hours) Change Manager for Latent Changes to facilitate fault fixes.
- Champion quality standards and Service Management processes ensuring compliance across all operational teams.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Extensive experience in a fast-paced Operations environment working within an ITIL framework with a solid understanding of the Incident Management process.
- Strong analytical capabilities, highly organised and excellent relationship management skills.
- Energetic and pro-active with a "can-do" attitude.
- Experience of ITSM tool sets, preferably BMC Remedy.
- Proven ability to engage and communicate with senior stakeholders and support teams across any number of business functions.
- Rational and calm under pressure.
- ITIL Qualifications.
- Degree Level Qualification.
- Experience of ICT / and or Mobile Network Technologies.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.