About Our Client:
Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, they have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
The role is for a junior lawyer or suitable qualified candidate to join an existing team of 7 lawyers at Our Client's UK office. The primary function of the role is to provide support services to the existing legal team and in-house legal services to the various lines of business within UK & Ireland, with a particular focus on legal compliance work across the whole remint of our organisation, including data protection/GDPR, competition law, anti-bribery and corruption, employment and immigration laws.
- Responsible for overall support to the in-house legal and compliance teams, working closely with other lawyers and compliance professionals throughout the company
- Researching cases and legal/compliance information
- Drafting and preparing some basic legal documents
- Drafting and preparing reports, correspondence and letters
- Drafting training materials
- Preparing know how updates to the in-house legal and compliance teams
- Reviewing/drafting business policies and process documents, specifically in relation to compliance topics
- Liaising with contacts and stakeholders within the business as necessary
- Interfacing with selected external lawyers as required
- Participating in European-wide or Global-wide initiatives as required
- Provide overall admin and secretarial support to the in-house legal and compliance teams as required
- Relevant experience in either private practice or in-house desirable.
- Prior employment law experience desiable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- LPC (or equivalent) qualification required. Excellent academics required.
- Good organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Hard-working proactive approach required
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to perform under intense pressure
- Ability to multi-task and work according to defined priorities
- Good personal skills, ability to engage effectively with team members and stakeholders
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Legal Counsel - In-House - Commercial Property / Real Estate
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
Location: South London, London
Location: South West London, London
Business Analyst - Regulatroy & Compliance
Location: Berkshire, England