|Job Title:||Learning Plus Tutor|
|Salary:||£19000 - £23000 per annum|
|Start Date:||August 2019|
|REF:||LST - Herts_1562155502|
|Contact Name:||Kenny Fraser|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Project People are supporting a multi-academy trust based in Hertfordshire. They are seeking to appoint Learning Plus Tutor from August 2019.
The successful person will be based in the Learning Plus (Student Support) of the school, working hours will be 08.00 - 16.00 over 5 days per week, term time only.
Salary range: £19,000 - £23,000
This role plays a critical part in both the academic and emotional success of the pupils within the school, as well as giving the successful person the opportunity to undertake a fulfilling role in a happy and successful school environment.
You will be working with the Senior Leadership Team and Middle Leaders to ensure students are supported in achieving their full potential. You will be delivering lessons in the Learning Plus centre, providing high quality academic support for students in this area. There will be some one to one student work you'll undertake, as well as tutoring small groups of targeted students in literacy, numeracy and other core skills, supporting them in maximising their potential in their curriculum lessons.
The successful person will possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, the ability to quickly establish trust and build relationships. You will be able to explain concepts and teach skills in a clear and concise way.
- Plan and deliver an academic support programme in Learning Plus - Leading literacy and numeracy sessions for Key Stage 3/4 students, providing intensive language support for EAL students, improving handwriting skills, and supporting Key Stage 4 students with preparation for coursework and exams
- Develop appropriate resources to underpin academic support programmes
- Develop and deliver personalised learning programmes for underachieving students.
- Undertake structured learning activities, adjusting activities and modifying resources to suit the needs of the students
- Mentor, coach, advise and guide students within Learning Plus
- Enable the impact of academic support programmes to be measured and evaluated, through your use of robust assessments at the start and end of programmes
- Undertake appropriate record keeping related to students working in Learning Plus
- Encourage students to work independently and promote self-esteem and independence
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop students' competence and independence in its use
- Curriculum knowledge and understanding (Particularly Key Stage 2 and 3 English and Maths) is desirable
- Experience of leading lessons or tutoring sessions within schools is highly desirable; this may be in a Primary or Secondary school setting
To discuss this role in more depth, please contact Kenny Fraser on 0203 948 9260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.