Lead Solution Architect
The role holder may manage a large design team. They work at senior management level to define and deliver major technical projects/strategies/architectures, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues and contribute key insights. Responsible for the design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organization, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
- Authority. Defines major technical projects for customers, influencing their view of acceptable investment level. Determines strategies, architectures and proposals.
- Shapes technical proposals to be acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
- Cost and risk. May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, and identifying strategic level risks and remedies.
- Influence. Determines the approach to whole classes of business, leading and influencing others in the development of new offerings.
- Business development. Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business.
- Requirements and design. Manages a team to agree customer requirements and produce the design, setting high level criteria for the design of major solutions and exercising design control over the implementation.
- Thought leadership. Communicates the impact of emerging technologies on customer.
- Knowledge re-use. Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the Fujitsu knowledge base.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.