Lead Network Architect - Cisco / Juniper - Solihull - 6 month contract
Are you a Lead Network Architect with excellent customer facing skills with a background in providing Network wide solutions? If so then please apply to a brand new long term contract opportunity based in Solihull for one of the worlds leading IT solution providers.
You will own the solutions for each bid from an end-to-end perspective - driving individual team members for their respective design/test/issue resolution work, ensuring that the solution bid is the solution delivered. The solution owner will communicate with the customer up to CxO level and ensure that contractual requirements are met by the solution and any changes to the are captured, impact assessed and presented back to the customer under appropriate change controls.
You will ideally have the following:
- Significant Lead Architect exposure.
- Customer facing skills.
- Experience of providing HLD for Cisco and Juniper solutions.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of network segmentation and virtualisation technologies.
- Working experience with Service Providers specific L2/L3 network use cases.
- Experience working with software-based networking and tenancy constructs.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in designing product and component level architecture.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Must be a team player and work well in small and large group environments.
The following are skills that would be highly desirable but not essential:
- Previous development experience of networking such as SDN, NFV orchestration, Network appliances, NETCONF, SNMP, L3/l4, NSX, load balancers.
- Previous development experience of network management products.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i.e. Openstack, Openflow, OpenDaylight, OVS, VMWare, AWS), Data Center, Virtualization, Storage and Networking solutions.
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on 0117 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.