Lead Java Developer
What is the job?
As a Lead Java Developer you will play a pivotal role as we continue to create cutting edge products for our customers while at the same time developing great internal applications and services across Europe. You will be a lead within the team and enjoy taking on the responsibility or leading a team of developers providing guidance and managing an array of stakeholders.
The work will be a mixture of Greenfield Development using some of the latest Microsoft technologies (Docker Kubinetes etc.) and supporting Legacy systems, which means you will need to have a strong base knowledge of Java / J2EE as well as the ambition to learn and develop with us.
- Technical involvement in all stages of the development lifecycle of products and services, using middleware and Java / J2EE.
- Responsible for the development, integration, support and maintenance of internet and provisioning based applications/services written in Java.
- Accountable for software delivery from third party system integrators. Can demonstrate effective third party relationship building and end to end solution delivery within agreed architecture, development methodology and timescales.
- Provides day-to-day management of internal and/or offshore development resources and third party suppliers who are providing services or resources to the team.
- Responsible for signing off individual development stages including design, development, unit testing and approving work completed by third party suppliers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deliverables are of appropriate quality and meet the sated requirements (e.g. design documentation, software, unit test documentation & results, etc).
- Responsible for delivering loosely coupled components with clearly defined interfaces within a large component based infrastructure that conforms to a detailed design and requirements definition.
- Responsible for all development aspects within the development lifecycle from design through to the support and enhancement of applications once they are in production.
- Work closely with IT Operations teams to ensure applications are operationally robust and that application performance remains within defined boundaries.
- Work with the Development Manager to define and maintain software development standards and methodologies. Promote development standards and best practice within the team.
Are you right for the role?
- You will have a strong Java/J2EE development background and at least some experience of being the lead within a team.
- Strong hands on middleware software design and development experience. Specifically loosely coupled component interface design within a large component based infrastructure.
- An experienced software team leader that has successfully developed and delivered large scale, high availability applications.
- Experience of managing suppliers to ensure they deliver services and solutions agreed to within the terms of the contract. Ability to build effective working relationships between the two organisations.
- Proven experience of developing software within a well defined development process. Fully familiar with the tools and techniques used (e.g. UML, and Agile Development).
- Proven design and development skills, using some or all of the following technologies / languages:
- Java / J2EE
- Web services (SOAP, Fusion Weblogic/OSB/EJB ) / Message based provisioning systems
- RDBMS experience (Oracle, MySQL)
- Tools (Subversion, Maven, Eclipse)
- Application Server Environments (Weblogic 11g)
- Able to communicate and collaborate with a variety of audiences (both technical and non-technical) to achieve the department objectives, deliver projects and work items.
- Have a sound understanding of IT systems and worked in a variety of IT or Technical roles. Has a good understanding of the potential value of technology solutions for business problems.
Key technical skills:
- Java Oracle Fusion 11g, RESTful APIs, SOA
- Java, JEE5
- Unix / Linux
- Web Services, REST, JSON, XML, XSD, WSDL, EJB, XSL, JAXB, JAXWS, JDBC, JMS, JNDI, etc
- Eclipse / Intellij, Maven, SVN / Git, SOAPUI, XML-Spy, etc
- Testing - SOAPUI, TDD - Junit, BDD - Cucumber
- Concepts: Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration, OO, GoF patterns, JEE core design patterns
- Enterprise Service Bus, Configuration, Release, Change & Build Management
- Frameworks - Spring, JBI, etc
Aware of and/or have used:
- Virtualisation environments VMware/VirtualBox/OpenStack etc
Nice to have:
- Spring Boot
- UML modelling an advantage
If you are interested in this opportunity, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.