|Job Title:||Lead Infrastructure Architect|
|REF:||FJS - Lead Arch_1559577457|
|Contact Name:||Mike Tozer|
|Job Published:||15 days ago|
Lead Infrastructure Architect
Our client a global IT Services company require a Lead Infrastructure Architect to be based out of Basingstoke.
Working at a senior architect level and managing a large design team, to define and deliver major technical projects/strategies/architectures, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues and contribute key insights. Responsible for the overall design to meet current and future customer needs through changes to service, process, organization, operating model and other aspects alongside the technology components, and solutions.
The role holder must have a strong technical background and be capable of providing assurance and governance at multiple levels. Ability to interact and work well with multiple areas of the business as well as senior customer stakeholders will be a key part of this role, ensuring collaboration and closer working. The candidate will also be responsible for working with the Delivery Exec's and Account Exec's ensuring high quality delivery of existing business as well as driving new business.
The role will report into the CTO lead and encompass the following disciplines and responsibilities:
- Complete responsibility for the overall technical solution and associated technical projects for the customer(s).
- Works with customers to understand their business strategy.
- Determines strategies, architectures and proposals by shaping technical proposals to be technically and commercially acceptable.
- Managing the risk and impact of any changes which affect the architecture of the solution.
- Manage other Architect and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards.
- Manage 3rd parties and their technical deliverables.
- Manage a large design team to deliver the customer requirements, setting high level criteria for the design of major solutions and exercising design control over the implementation.
- Thought leadership. Communicates the impact of emerging technologies on customer and internal business to senior level customers and internal businesses.
- Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the client knowledge base.
Technical Skills (SME at three or more of the following)
- Virtualisation technologies.
- Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
- Microsoft technology design and implementation.
- Experience of creating cloud cost models and running cloud readiness assessments
- Experience of working with enterprise IT and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Automated infrastructure provisioning
- Storage / backup and disaster recovery design and implementation
- Exposure to cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Cloud automation & Provisioning including OS Blueprints, Network Services, Catalog, Orchestration, Self Service Portal
- KMS, Encryption Design
- Impex - secure import export process to transfer objects between clouds at different security classifications
- Hands on experience building solutions from cloud solution components using tools like CloudFormation, Ansible or Chef
- DBaaS for SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE ARCHITECT
Location: Hampshire, England
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Infrastructure Solution Architect (Bid/Pre-Sales)
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Salary: Competitive Salary + bonus + car allowance
Application Architect - Java
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Salary: Up to €489 per day
Service Design Architect (RAN Operations)
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: Competitive daily rate