Our client, a leader in developing advanced optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communications networks and a proven track record of innovation over many years, are now looking to recruit the following role:
Location - Ipswich, Suffolk
Annual leave: 28 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Shift pattern: 6am to 2pm or 2pm to10pm (This will rotate on a weekly basis)
Duration - 6 months rolling contract
Payments - Weekly paid (one week in arrears)
The Operator's role forms part of a Technical team delivering design, projects and products to customers within set parameters and time frames.
The role is based within a clean room and laboratory conditions where tasks will follow documented instructions and specifications in an ISO9001 controlled environment.
Reporting to the Production Cell Leader / Production Manager, this role will involve:
- Processing material through a range of hi-tech fabrication, test and validation tools that enable our client to produce advanced optoelectronic research components. These processes will operate under either Engineering or Production control with the appropriate support and training provided.
- Working to rigorous: Safety, Quality and Environmental standards to ensure safe and efficient working practices.
- Understand and follow controlled documented standards of Operating Procedure, equipment set-up use and maintenance.
- Demonstrable Experience of working in a technical environment, and focus on detail
- Proven ability to follow design drawings and specifications, recording process data as required
- Knowledge or relevant experience in device fabrication in one of the following; Photolithography, wet etching, RIE etching, metal and dielectric deposition, wafer thinning, cleaving and dicing, facet coating, die and wire bonding, validation & reliability packaging and testing.
- Able to work calmly under pressure to tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Proactive and innovative team player who is also capable of working as part of a team or independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills: displaying a positive approach to new ideas, flexibility and driving continuous improvement.
- Supportive of the company culture and ethos.
- Ability to work both days and shift pattern work.
Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalized paperwork, to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.