A great Travel organisation in Oxfordshire is recruiting for a QA/Software Tester. This role is a junior position which would suit an individual who is keen to progress in this field within an agile and collaborative environment, and will get involved and learn the following responsibilities:
- Responsibility for assuring software development deliverables meet business requirements.
- Work closely with the development teams to plan and agree appropriate acceptance test scenarios.
- Analyse functional and design specifications to identify test requirements.
- Create new test cases.
- Document and execute integration, regression and acceptance tests.
- Document any issues found during testing and work closely with development team to prioritise and resolve issues.
- Provide and validate estimates and plans for testing new project work.
- Develop working knowledge of the in-house system.
- Participate in feature development, from concept to design to construction.
- Work closely with IT Support and development teams to support releases during implementation and post implementation of UAT and Live.
- Experience of testing web, desktop and service based applications.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL server.
- Able to write SQL queries.
- Experience with creating batch/script files for testing.
- Experience with automated testing script writing and execution.
- Management of release processes.
- Understanding of software test methodologies.
- Experience of using source control (TFS, SVN or GIT).
- Knowledge and use of development IDE's (Visual Studio).
- Experience of creating/developing custom regression testing frameworks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Methodical, logical and organised.
- Great communication skills.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.