Looking for Junior Project Coordinators!
A major Telecoms company based in Maidenhead, Berkshire are looking for a Junior Project Coordinator to join their team on a contract basis.
Please note: This role is a junior coordinator/admin supporting position. Please keep in mind if you are an experienced Project Manager, this role may not be applicable to your skills.
This role is within the CTO Project Office. Supporting upwards of 36 Project Managers and 5 Programme Managers and a portfolio of upwards of 190 projects. Working with a cross functional team, this role will need to foster strong relationships with finance, technical, operational, marketing and business focused departments across the company and externally. Critical success will be the ability to establish and develop efficient ways of working across the portfolio, including providing support and guidance into where administrative improvements can be made to enable the team to jointly achieve its goals. The role will report to the Governance Lead.
- Assisting Programme Managers and Project Managers with the business governance frameworks and other processes to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring the quality of project submissions for approval to ensure alignment with the organisation's governance processes and quality requirements.
- Supporting the recording of assets that are delivered as part of our projects and to ensure alignment to our Asset creation process.
- Supporting data quality in our project management tools to ensure accuracy of reports and management information.
- Creating reports for the portfolio, as directed by the Senior Programme Coordinator, mainly concentrating on delivery to timescales, budget, and actual spend.
- Supporting the technical governance process within CTO, working closely with the project and technical teams to drive projects through the governance process; as well as supporting associated processes for early assessment and estimates.
- Supporting the team with rolling out any new processes; providing administration assistance where necessary
- Responsible for producing PowerPoint presentations where required, and delivering out key communications to the team when required.
- Work with the coordination team and assurance teams to understand the requirements and quality standards for project documentation. Communicate this information back to the project team, and assist with any administrative support where required
- Use judgement to manage current issues and knowledge to respond to queries; take ownership of enquiries where possible, and ensure other issues are referred to the appropriate person in a timely fashion.
- You will have Programme/Project support or, PMO support experience within a fast paced medium to large company.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders cross functionally.
- Excellent relationship, influencing and all round communication skills.
- Analytic and reporting skills. Experience of analysing budgets, spend and resource usage.
- Knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Additionally knowledge of MS Project would be an advantage
- Tenacious, flexible, passionate, resilient and results driven with a persuasive personality
- Exceptional organisation skills with an ability to prioritise an often conflicting workload.
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to introduce and manage procedures into a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Excellent time management and self-organisation skills with the ability to work effectively to tight timescales and under pressure/stressful situations.
- A quality driven approach consistently aiming for high standards
Nice to have
- Experience working with an external 3rd party or vendor
- Proficient in Project risk and issue management
- Knowledge of MS Project
- Financial forecasting and budget management.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.