Junior IT Procurement Manager
I am recruiting for a junior level IT Procurement Manager to join a leading communications company in Reading. This is a permanent opportunity reporting into the Senior IT Procurement Manager offering a competitive salary + 10% bonus.
This position would suit someone who already has a some experience within IT procurement (not necessarily procurement management) and would now like to take the next step and further their career. Ideally you will already be CIPS certified and have experience in conducting commercial reviews, creating tenders, conducting commercial negotiations and some experience in drafting supplier contracts.
As IT Procurement Manager you will take responsibility for sourcing of IT equipment, software and services suppliers. You will take responsibility for ensuring budgetary compliance, negotiating agreements (including pricing and cost saving opportunities), and review SoW and contract changes with preferred suppliers.
Skills & Experience Required:
- IT Procurement experience
- Advanced MS Office - in particular advanced Word and PowerPoint skills
- Good commercial experience
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Confident communicator across all levels
- Understanding of contract law
- Supplier management skills and experience
- Contract management skills and experience
- SME / corporate background
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or other relevant professional qualification
If you are interested in this permanent opportunity and have the required experience then please apply on line or email your CV direct to Salome.Maybanks @ projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.