Java Developer/Java Software Developer (Confluence, Web Technologies, Servlets, JSP, JSF, HTML, XML, CVS, SVN, GIT, Eclipse, NetBeans) is required by our Global IT Services Company. This is permanent opportunity, to be based in Manchester. Excellent company benefit package offered.
You will be developing the back office systems that underpin smart transaction systems in our client's bespoke products. You will be involved in development of new features, enhancements to existing functionality, defect investigation/resolution and design documentation working in an Agile environment.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Review requirements, write the necessary code (including re-designing/re-factoring of code) with accompanying unit/integration tests, resolve defects and document software development, ensuring documentation is provided in the relevant area of Confluence regarding any changes or new functionality that are made.
- End to end Software development & maintenance experience.
- Develop product and domain knowledge.
- Individual compliance with all quality, environmental and information security policies and procedures.
- Experience of Java development (Java 1.6 or later preferred).
- Development Environment - Eclipse or NetBeans.
- Knowledge of source control systems (CVS, SVN, GIT).
- Review code for conformance to coding guidelines.
- Delivery of unit test coverage for all code delivered to trunk version of software release.
- Proven experience of Java developments and deployments.
- Proven experience of: Object oriented software design and design patterns, Unit testing principles, Web technologies (e.g. Servlets, JSP, JSF, HTML, XML etc.), SQL and relational databases.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.