Java Developer (GIT, NetBeans, SQL) is required by our Global IT Services Company. This is permanent opportunity, to be based in Manchester, Greater Manchester. Excellent company benefit package offered.
You will be developing the back office systems that will underpin the smart transaction systems in our client's bespoke products. You will be involved in development of new features, enhancements to existing functionality, defect investigation/resolution and design documentation working in an Agile environment.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Review requirements, write the necessary code (including re-factoring of code) with accompanying unit/integration tests, resolve defects and document software development, ensuring documentation is provided in the relevant area of Confluence regarding any changes or new functionality that are made.
- End to end Software development & maintenance experience.
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Develop product and domain knowledge.
- Individual compliance with all quality, environmental and information security policies and procedures.
- Experience of Java development (Java 1.6 or later preferred).
- Development Environment -NetBeans.
- Knowledge of source control systems (GIT).
- Delivery of unit test coverage for all code delivered to trunk version of software release.
- Proven experience of Java developments and deployments and Object oriented software design and design patterns, Unit testing principles, Web technologies (e.g. Servlets, JSP, JSF, HTML, XML etc.), SQL and relational databases.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.