am recruiting for a permanent opportunity for a Java Developer for a leading IT and Technology company based in Manchester.
As the Java Developer you will be joining a small team, working in a high performance, agile environment. The team delivers software in two-week sprints, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with expert colleagues from systems architecture, software testing, usability and project management.
You will be developing the back office systems that underpin smart transaction systems in our bespoke products. You will be involved in development of new features, enhancements to existing functionality, defect investigation/resolution and design documentation. An eye for detail and focus on quality is required, using a test driven approach incorporating unit and integration testing of code.
We are looking for experience of;
- Experience of Java development (Java 1.6 or later preferred)
- Development Environment - Eclipse or NetBeans
- Experience of SQL
- Knowledge of source control systems (CVS, SVN, GIT)
- Unit testing
- Review code for conformance to coding guidelines
- Ability to re-design or re-factor code
- Show an awareness and understanding of software design, development and lifecycles
- Involved in the peer reviewing of designs
- Excellent, communication, interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Proactive and solutions orientated
- Commercial experience in relevant fields
- Proven experience of Java developments and deployments
- Disciplined and organised with good attention to detail;
- Belief in continuous improvement
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Ability to work in a team or individually
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.