Java Application Developer - Java - Bristol or Chippenham - Permenant
Our client is a leading developer of IT services within the sectors of government, defence, marine, environment and space. They are currently keen to employ a number of skilled Application Developers to join their cyber development team within their Enterprise Solutions and Defence Division.
They are looking for enthusiastic developers who can work effectively with their customers to deliver high quality software solutions.
You must have the following in order to be successful:
- Degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or a scientific discipline
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Experience in Java
- An understanding of software best practice
- Experience of working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to work on defence projects
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Must either have SC or DV clearance or be able to obtain it
Any knowledge or experience of the following:
- Spring dependency injection
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat / CentOS)
- Agile development practices and associated tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Use of Eclipse for software development
- Any of the following frameworks (EJB, JSF, Junit)
- Knowledge of continuous build and test
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on (0117) 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.