ITO Category Buyer - 3-6 months - Mobile Telecoms - Berkshire
The ITO category buyer works collaboratively with the ITO category lead but reports directly into the Head of Procurement for IT.
Main responsibilities include transition from current fragmented procurement approach to a category management approach for ITO. Role supports not only the commercial control of the IT Transformation Programme and needs to be delivered by a person that displays a soft skill set and is able to manage stakeholders up to C level. Cross functional behaviours and ability to demonstrate a consultancy style approach are key.
- Excellent stakeholder manager skills (internal / external) to C-level execs
- Strong track record in IT and ITO related areas
- Significant experience in IT sourcing including ITO as primary focus supported by a software background
- Dealing with large System Integrators either in a tender process or on a BAU basis
- Working in multi-vendor ITO environments
- Commercial contract management
- Experience in Telecoms sector
- Experience in managing transition of functions from reactive to strategic
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of category management and the ability to move unstructured spend in that direction
- Demonstrates a consultancy based mind-set to managing work (not necessarily a consultancy background) with the ability to prioritise workload and understand the bigger picture
- Degree qualified
- Ideally CIPS qualified
- MBA qualification considered a bonus
3-6 month contact
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.