IT Project Support - Permanent
PSO, PMO, Project Support Officer, Project Administrator, Project Officer, Programme Coordinator, Project Co-ordinator, Junior Project Manager, Business Support or Junior PMO
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - Mon-Fri 7.5 hour shifts between 8am-6pm (flexible on times)
A leading car company in Reading, are hiring for an IT Project support officer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The prestige and family history, along with the engineering behind their brand, makes them one of the premier automotive companies in which to develop a career and they offer the opportunity to join their team as an IT project support.
The purpose of this role is to assist the IT Programme Management Office (PMO) with the identification and delivery of business as usual requests and local projects. The role will provide the glue between the IT project and service delivery functions and ensuring that processes are documented and audited.
This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the IT PMO function to deliver the project demand from both the local retail and manufacturer sides of the business
- Take ownership of the business as usual requests and manage small projects autonomously
- Proactively identify and propose opportunities to improve processes and systems
- Identification and documentation of business processes and the recommendation of process improvements through innovative IT
- Deliver 2nd / 3rd level through excellent customer experience and agreed level of service to internal and external customers, business partners and external suppliers
- The ongoing maintenance of both internal and customer knowledgebase ensuring that documentation is kept up to date and relevant
- Management and auditing of the user provisioning process and role concepts
- Support the business with the ongoing audio visual and digitalisation projects
- Maintain a consistent level of understanding and documentation for supported IT systems
- Work with any required third party vendors to ensure a successful delivery of any change project or issue resolution work
The successful candidate should have:
- At least one year's IT business or academic experience
- An understanding of project management and project support
- Good understanding of Microsoft desktop, client and management applications (SCCM, Group Policies, Active Directory)
- Have knowledge of the systems development lifecycle and be able to produce the documentation which underpins it
- The ability to innovate and drive change and challenge at all levels
- The ability to translate technical solutions and simplify requirements
- Be a good team player with the ability to plan and drive improvement activities within the team
- To be able to communicate effectively, credibly and clearly to customers, colleagues and management at all levels within the organisation.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision to tight deadlines and with competing priorities
Any experience gained within a retail environment (Automotive preferred) would be advantageous to candidates including a good understanding of retail business process and the usage of IT to underpin retail success.
- Understand and assist in the achievement of the department objectives
- Take responsibility for personal development whilst taking account of department needs
- Play an active role with the department, working with all team members as required
- Assist in the appropriate execution of departmental processes and procedures including the correct use of software tools and supporting application
- Take personal responsibility to ensure that IT issues are resolved in line with the expectations of the customers of the IT department
- Support all areas of the business to help identify innovative and change solutions to support their business goals
- Alignment of solutions to the global strategies
- Manage third party suppliers as required to provide an effective delivery and support service
- Ensure the appropriate level of management control, documentation and repeatable processes are applied to all relevant systems
This role is mainly based in Reading but may require some travelling between other sites
The above list of Core Specific Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The job holder is expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
1st/2nd Line IT Support Analyst
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Salary: Contract day rate
Software Project Manager (Agile/SharePoint/On-Premise/O365)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Mandarin Speaking Project Coordinator
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive Salary
IT Systems Administrator - Permanent - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
First/Second Line Support Operations Centre Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £12 per hour