We are currently recruiting for an IT Project Delivery Manager, to be based in Barcelona.
Applicants must have experience of IT project delivery, working with/co-ordinating multiple suppliers and be confident in event planning - to support increased capacity on IT infrastructure for large scale events.
The IT Delivery Manager role is a key part of the IT team supporting the planning, delivery and reporting of the IT elements for International IT events.
The chosen candidate will be the key interface between our company and our delivery partners, and represent the needs of the exhibitor and attendee alongside the company initiatives. Involvement, support and participation in on-site event delivery is also a critical requirement of this role.
- Good understanding of technology & pressures that a large event places on networks, infrastructure etc
- Ability to work well under pressure, and have a very good customer facing attitude
- Experience in delivering large scale technical projects, preferably within the events industry.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workloads, work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and written presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, customers, vendors across international boundaries.
- Ability to network and gain industry knowledge, including an 'over the horizon' view
- Ability to represent and be passionate for both exhibitor and attendee interests
- Experience in a Mobile Telecommunications Industry is an advantage
- Fluency in English & Spanish (Catalan) - written & spoken essential
- Computing based degree or equivalent preferred.
- Creative problem solver with a practical, solution focused approach.
- Be proficient (intermediate level or above) in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Cultural and professional experience of working with a matrix led global team and time-zone management.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.