I am recruiting for a great opportunity for an IT Procurement Manager for a leading telecommunications company on a permanent basis. We are looking for candidates with some experience of IT Category management who are looking to develop their experience and career in this area. You will be responsible for providing commercial support to the business and project teams to:
- Ensure budgetary compliance
- Negotiate agreements, pricing and identify savings opportunities
- Review statements of works and contract change notes under existing framework agreements, with preferred suppliers
- Minimise commercial risks
Your responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring the appropriate Statement of Works (SoW) templates are used
- Conducting commercial review for each SoW to mitigate and manage commercial risks
- Work with the technical / project teams to lead commercial reviews and create / lead competitive processes
- Create tenders and lead commercial negotiations using established commercial processes and ensuring you represent the strategic requirements of the business and its shareholders
- Draft and award supplier contracts with support from the Legal and external legal outsource supplier, as required
- Report issues and opportunities in a timely manner and manage risk appropriately.
We are looking for;
- Good working knowledge and procurement experience in information technology supply category.
- Good commercial experience
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Confident communicator at all levels in an organisation across a variety of disciplines (legal, technical, finance and procurement)
- Good understanding of contract law
- Supplier management skills and experience
- Contract management skills and experience
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.