IT DELIVERY PLANNING MANAGER required to work for a large telecommunications company based in Berkshire.
PLEASE ONLY SEND YOUR CV AT THIS STAGE.
The IT Delivery Planning Manager is a pivotal role within the End to End Delivery organisation; ensuring that robust E2E IT delivery plans are built, maintained and are used to drive key technical delivery planning strategy discussions from individual projects through to wider reaching programmes of work to support our key business outcomes. The role will require engagement across a variety of business and technical teams.
The IT Delivery Planning Manager will need to have a strong technical background with a proven track record of delivery in a cross functional department combined with good business stakeholder management skills.
Responsibilities of the IT Delivery Planning Manager also include:
- Being the primary point of contact to Business Planning for all new demand.
- Assimilate new demand entering the IT/PO organisation and work with Business Planning, IT Demand Manager and E2E Delivery teams to model delivery options and associated impacts.
- To build and maintain an integrated IT E2E Delivery plan (single central view of delivery) comprising of deliveries across all IT work streams.
- Undertake detailed technical planning to support the E2E Delivery and Business Planning areas of the business:
- Work closely with development partners to understand code baselines and other technical based dependencies
- Work with test partners to secure test environment resources and commitment
- Work with other areas of the business to ensure external technical dependencies are identified
- Work with Change Control Boards to facilitate key decision making with stakeholders
- Collaborate across the following teams to ensure key planning decisions and delivery impacts are understood and actioned:
- Development & Test partners
- Deployment managers
- Release Delivery Managers
- Lead the IT Planning Forum to drive effective planning discussions and collaboration with wider technical planning community.
- To provide management information to support key management decisions and delivery performance.
The successful IT Delivery Planning Manager will have:
- Experience working as a Technical Programme Manager or Senior Technical Project Manager running a portfolio of projects.
- Extensive experience of working within the IT Software Delivery Lifecycle and knowledge of development, testing and deployment
- Exceptional technical / analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable examples of "systemic thinking"
- Ability to translate technical impacts and constraints in to meaningful business language to support business decisions
- Experience of working in a complex multi system IT environment with significant volume of change.
- Experience of working with different IT delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Prince2 or PMP / PMI certification
To apply for the IT Delivery Planning Manager please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.