|Job Title:||IT Consultant - Infrastructure Strategy|
|REF:||CC - IT_1537544752|
|Contact Name:||Christopher Casey|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
IT Consultant - Infrastructure Strategy
6 Month Contract (Initial)
The purpose of this role is to conduct a thorough in-depth review of the IT infrastructure in order to recommend any necessary changes:
The technical suitability of the IT infrastructure and future plans to support the Digital Transformation Strategy.
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Networks (LAN and WAN)
- Storage solutions
- Cloud provisions
- Security including firewalls
The organisation and skills within IT Department
The policies, processes and procedures of the IT Department
As the IT Consultant, your job responsibilities would be:
- Ensure that the overall IT strategy is fit for purpose and will support the delivery of the Digital Transformation Strategy.
- Provide direction and guidance to the IT Projects that are underway.
- Build and develop relationships with third party IT suppliers continually reviewing internal vs external support.
- Windows Server to 2016
- Windows 10
- Active Directory
- Exchange Server 2016 and O365
- SQL Server to 2016
- Internet Information Services (IIS) to 8.5
- Group Policy
- Sharepoint Services/Portal Server to 2007
- Cabling/Switches/Infrastructure (Cisco)
- DNS, DHCP and other network services
- Security / Firewall
- Avaya (CMS v7 and v8)
- Maintaining and managing backups using Unitrends
- Disaster recovery planning and testing (including documentation)
- Identification, testing and implementation of new software solutions (including version updates to existing software) to add value and increase efficiency and productivity
As the IT Consultant, you will need the following experience:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an IT related discipline e.g. BSc Computer Science, MSCE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
- Experience of maintaining a Windows domain environment in excess of 750 users (e.g. heavily using Active Directory OUs, distribution groups, Group Policy)
- Experience of working in a multi-location, multi-national IT environment.
- Excellent communication, engagement and stakeholder management skills to build trusted relationships with internal management.
- Very Strong IT infrastructure knowledge with particular focus on the technologies listed above.
- Experience of operating at a senior level within IT.
- A thorough understanding of networking (Cisco), IT infrastructure, Microsoft technologies and VoIP telephony.
- A high degree of commercial awareness.
- Strong and confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and experience of managing a team.
- Experience of a multi-location, international operation.
- Experience of managing IT change and implementing strategy.
- Comfortable communicating and presenting.
- Extremely organised and able to work towards deadlines.
If you have the relevant skills needed for this position, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
IT System Administrator
Location: Theale, Berkshire
IT Support Analyst / First Line Support - On-going Contract
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: £18000 - £24000 per annum
SAP MDG Functional Consultant (Master Data Governance)
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
SAP Master Data Functional Consultant - S/4 Hana - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Lead Cloud Transformation Architect
Location: South East England, England
Salary: Market rates