If you are considering the challenge of a new technical support engineer in the telecommunications field this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. We are offering a permanent position, the opportunity to grow with us with competitive salary and benefits package.
You will be responsible for Product/Solutions and the In-Life Technical Support of datacom portfolios in UK&I. You will support our customers in all technical aspects and improve customer relationship by meeting their targets and surpassing SLAs. You will also be involved in presales testing, network low level design, project rollout technical lead and bidding documents preparation to support sales team.
- Provide technical support for customers by means of diagnosing complex technical issues, technical enquiries, and providing regular status updates to customers
- Interface & respond to customer technical requirements and issues, formulate & implement operation & maintenance solutions, in-time and effectively to solve the requirements & issues, and obtain customer satisfaction and the companies professional image.
- To organize & conduct operation & maintenance activities as per customer maintenance contract.
- To assist & support the customer operation so that maintenance services are implemented to a high standard and within the SLA.
- To organize & conduct technical training and technical knowledge sharing in various forms to customer or internal audiences, with the intention to increase customer or internal audiences' technical competency level.
- To generate & maintain customer good relationship, and liaise with colleagues from technical service department to obtain customer good feedback & satisfaction on the services provided.
- Logging all support incidents in call-tracking database ensuring all data is complete and accurate.
- Troubleshooting and resolving customer product/network problems, using On-line data services wherever possible, and other resources wherever possible. Dial in to customer site to assist wherever appropriate.
- Reproducing new or undocumented customer problems in a lab environment and providing evidence of findings to Escalation Support or Development Engineering, as appropriate.
- Escalating incidents to Level 3 and 4
- Contribute to the Knowledge System database and share knowledge within the team. Commitment to help other team members, especially new starters, in resolving incidents and growing in technical knowledge.
- Keep up to date on all relevant technologies and products. Commitment to self-development.
- Working with sales team in presales environment to gather successful testing result
- Working with project team in project to produce the low level design and act as project technical lead.
- Attend customer sites in a professional manner to promote business image and customer relationship.
- Pre-sales activities and provide technical support for marketing team and response all technical queries from customer.
- Hands on type with good technical conversation skills. The major skill required will be more focused on network design within a mobile operator's network.
- Strong commitment to customer issues and dedication to solve customer problems
- Good knowledge of IP, VPN, convergent and multi-service network, routing and switching etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- University degree in Telecommunication or Electrical / Electronic Engineering or relevant working experience.
- Multi-vendor product knowledge.
If you are interested in applying, please discuss further details with Heaven on 0793 167 2182 or send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.