IP Network Engineer - Contract - Berkshire
Leading Telecommunications Service Provider are looking to recruit an IP Network Engineer to support their IP infrastructure. In the role of IP Network Engineer you will provide operational control and maintenance of key IP network elements.
In the role of IP Network Engineer some of your responsibilities will be:
- Providing technical support within a multi-vendor environment
- Work with a team on an out-of-hours on-call support rota
- Troubleshoot logged faults and isolate the cause to minimise impacts
- Support the implementation of new equipment along with the maintenance of existing systems
- Develop and refine best practice
To be a successful IP Network Engineer you will need to demonstrate:
- Understanding of IP networks and TCP/IP technologies (DNS, SNMP etc.)
- Knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP) and data carrying techniques (MPLS)
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of network traffic
- Hands on knowledge of multi-vendor products
- Good understanding of operational support systems
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.