We are working with one of the largest Telecommunications providers in the UK as they look to recruit an IP Network Engineer to support their IP infrastructure. In the role of IP Network Engineer you will provide operational control and maintenance of key IP network elements.
In the role of IP Network Engineer some of your responsibilities will be:
- Providing 3rd level technical support within a multi-vendor environment
- Work with a team on an out-of-hours on-call support rota
- Troubleshoot logged faults and isolate the cause to minimise impacts
- Support the implementation of new equipment along with the maintenance of existing systems
- Develop and refine best practice
To be a successful IP Network Engineer you will need to demonstrate:
- Understanding of IP networks and TCP/IP technologies (DNS, SNMP etc.)
- Knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP) and data carrying techniques (MPLS)
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of network traffic
- Hands on knowledge of multi-vendor products
- Good understanding of operational support systems
To apply for the role of IP Network Engineer please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.