IP Engineer (2nd line) - Contract - Limerick
Leading Telecommunications Service Provider with great offices in Limerick require an IP Engineer on a contract basis to play a pivotal role in helping to enhance and develop the support proposition in a Managed WAN environment.
- The IP Engineer will have a strong Cisco background with WAN and Managed Service Provider experience, to provide second level support, analysis and diagnostics for managed WAN customers. The candidate will liaise and work with the Level 1 support and various partners to successfully identify and resolve customer issues.
- Strong application performance awareness and troubleshooting skills will be required and you will be expected to develop and coach Level 1 teams with best practices and most common issues to streamline and improve the customer support process and experience. WAN/ICT Solution Design advice and best practices experience are desirable.
- The IP Engineer will take an important role in working in an integrated manner with the Business Implementation Team to ensure a smooth handover of customers from implementation stages to BAU.
- The IP Engineer will play a key role managing major incidents, which occur within the ICT customer base, and will drive customer experience. This will include attending customer meetings if required and assisting in the compilation of reports for the WAN and Wider ICT Area product set.
PLEASE NOTE: the successful candidate must be willing to be part of an on call rota which covers 8pm to 8am Mon-Fri and all day Saturday & Sunday.
- Proven experience working within large scale networks/ISP environments
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing, VPNs, QoS, layer 2 and layer 3 VLANS - requirements include BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, HSRP, and NAT
- Proven experience in installing and maintaining WAN infrastructure components.
- Proven experience knowledge of managing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors with a focus on Cisco, and others such as HP, F5, Checkpoint, Juniper, Fortinet etc.
- CCNP, or CCNP SP certification desirable
- Work with Telecommunications carriers to resolve network issues
- Act as an internal point of contact to resolve network related technical issues
- Execute planned network maintenance and capacity improvements work.
- Ability to analyse network behaviour and performance using standard tools
- Hands on experience with network monitoring, reporting and performance software
- Ability to understand the customer impact in incident management
- Team player who is proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to identify & fix points of failure in process
- Awareness of the support tools & partners used to deliver support to customers
- Ability to work effectively at all levels both internally, externally and within groups.
- Knowledge of Incident management best practice an advantage
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note for Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Microsoft Unified Communications Lead Architect - Contract
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Digital Content Editor - Contract - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
Digital Scrum Master - Contract - Berkshire
Location: Berkshire, England
SC Cleared* Solaris Architect - Southend - Contract
Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex
SC Cleared* Solaris Architect - Telford - Contract
Location: Telford, Shropshire