IoT Solution Architect - Gloucestershire - Permanent
This is a unique opportunity to become an integral part of the development of new and cutting edge smart technologies, within an innovative and market leading company.
As part of their on-going thirst for innovation and improvement of customer experience, my client are looking for a Solution Architect, who is driven by working on market leading technology, solving challenging problems, and leading a tight-knit team of elite programmers, designers and developers, in addition to outsourced service providers.
You will support the origination, solution configuration and delivery of new product development. You will be the lead member of the technical team, responsible for ensuring the company's products remain at the forefront of the industry, through continual innovation and improvement.
In addition to project management of software development, your duties involve interacting with various other internal and external teams and working closely with network engineers and designers. You will manage the design and evolution of the front and back, as well as the interface between the two, in a leading architectural capacity.
The role offers the opportunity to become a recognized and valued go-to-expert in the smart/IoT field, within an autonomous environment which rewards technical expertise, commercial focus, dedication, pro-activity and passion.
- Acting as the technical lead for all in-house employees and 3rd party service providers across the digital design/development team. Ensuring all online and digital offerings are produced and maintained to the highest quality.
- Working closely with all relevant departments, including R&D, Engineering, Digital Design/Development and IT to coordinate and understand requirements for new products (s) in development.
- Translating requirements gathered from the business into the required architecture for ground-breaking new smart technologies.
- Represent Technology at stakeholder meetings, stage QA approvals, technology reviews and participate in capital reviews as appropriate.
- Work with third party advisors and build relationships with key technical outsourcing partners
Your experience will include:
- Proven Solution Architecture experience within an IoT / Smart Technology focussed environment.
- Experience within smart home related products in energy sector is highly advantageous.
- Managing third party service provider deliverables for design coding projects across web and apps including on-going maintenance.
- Experience leading design and refresh of existing web sites and apps with a focus on customer experience.
- Solution planning leveraging available Application Services, System Integration and Application Outsourcing assets and capabilities majoring in IoT and M2M technology
- Managing stakeholders to agree solutions and develop business terms and conditions
- Owning successful delivery of solution architecture with a roadmap of future innovation
- Briefing board level internal stakeholders on progress, risks and delivery timeframes
- Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.