|Job Title:||Integration Engineer - Digital - Video - OTT - Remote Working|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Integration Engineer - Digital - Video - OTT - Cambridge / Remote Working - 6 months rolling contract
Are you an experienced Integration Engineer with excellent technical exposure to OTT/ Video over Internet solutions? If so, a brand new contract opportunity would be complimented by your involvement in a long term engagement that would allow remote working based with the UK.
Our client is looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Confidence in making decisions based on the data available and to use judgement when extensive analysis is not possible or required.
- Willingness to take ownership of technical issues /problems and see them through to conclusion.
- Enthusiasm for identifying and implementing service improvements that benefit internal operating practices.
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team depending on the requirements at the time.
- A curiosity, ability and desire to learn and gain experience with technology, systems and processes that are new or fall outside your comfort zone.
Skill, Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of the UNIX based technology platforms, common technologies used to provision network services (e.g. load balancers, VPN, remote desktop, firewalls) and experience of automating the provisioning, maintenance and release of infrastructure and / or applications.
- Demonstrable experience of Amazon AWS and direct experience installing configuring and of running workloads.
- Good Working knowledge and experience of high availability technologies and methodologies.
- Good Working knowledge and experience of commercial database product (e.g. Microsoft SQL, PostgressSQL).
- Experience of web infrastructure (LAMP or similar). Either operational support or build out of applications exposing (REST) API over HTTP/S.
- Excellent understanding of general IT infrastructure server HW/Storage/ TCP/IP networks such that you can configure devices on multiple networks, commission server HW/storage. Apply and understand DNS configuration, physical/virtual server maintenance, patching and firewall configuration.
You will ideally have the following background:
- Understanding of "over the top" video delivery. Understanding of terms such as transport stream, H.264/H.265, adaptive streaming HLS/DASH.
- Exposure to building, operating and or supporting HTTP adaptive streaming technologies such as DRM, Origination and CDN.
- Exposure to OTT video multi-device clients.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience of IT support of applications and services operating as *aaS.
- Ability to capture and analyse business requirements and convert this in to a technical project documentation.
- Exposure to DevOps, containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes). Linux (redhat / Ubuntu)
If this role is a good match for your experience my client would be very keen to hear from you. Please send your CV in response to this advertisement or contact Patrick McNamara (email@example.com) on (0117) 9087000.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Lead SAP Integration Architect/Consultant - SAP PI/PO & S4 Hana
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Network Support Engineer - Migration Network Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
2nd Line Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
2nd Line/Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer -Retail
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
Wintel Engineer - Infrastructure / Gateway Design
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire