|Job Title:||Ingres Database Administrator (DBA)|
|Contact Name:||Alice Davis|
|Job Published:||28 days ago|
Ingres Database Administrator (DBA) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Client, for a rolling 3-month contract to be based in Southend on Sea.
We are looking for experienced Ingres DBAs, with experience in Ingres 2.6 and later on Solaris 10 and later.
- Monitor the INGRES database log files for significant or recurring errors and performance issues or inefficiencies and investigate where appropriate.
- Monitor the size of databases for capacity planning purposes as well as install and tune INGRES database instances as required.
- Ensure that database snapshots are taken appropriately and that information is backed up appropriately.
- Liaising with the supplier of the INGRES database software regarding technical support issues and assist development teams in the design of logical and physical data models.
- Supporting INGRES databases in a Database Administrator role.
- Supporting INGRES databases on a UNIX or LINUX platform.
- Able to write scripts for a UNIX platform.
- A good understanding of networking.
- An understanding of SAN technology.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Oracle Database Administration.
- LINUX / UNIX Administration.
- Report writing.
- Knowledge of and practical experience of working to ITIL v3 processes.
This is an urgent role; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.